Yesterday I started a post about choices. Today I want to continue where I left off.
(To read part 1 go here first)
Proverbs 23:7 says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he”.
Every decision is a choice and every decision begins with a thought.
We read in Proverbs 23:7 that, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he”.
So if you don’t understand that process—what you think in your heart you actually end up becoming—you are going to be exactly where you are today five years from now.
Why?—because that’s where you think you belong.
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established.”
Are we then a product of the choices we have made?
Our thinking creates a pathway to success or failure (What You Focus On You Make Room For).
Outside influences are not responsible for where we are mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, or financially however it can affect us.
Every decision is a choice; every decision begins with a thought.
Therefore, we must learn to guard our thoughts – this is what Philippians 4:8 is all about.
Think on the things that are true, pure, just, good, holy, honorable, and praiseworthy.
This will change the way we think.
If we guard our thoughts, we will think the right thoughts, and make the right choices from the thoughts that we think.
Making the right choices
When we blame other forces we remain caught in the web of the past.
Did you know that adversity is preparation for greatness?
“In everything give thank; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
When we accept the “preparations” God allows to come our way, they will tell us when our thinking needs to change.
We must distinguish between God’s will and God’s pleasure.
- If something bad happens to us, it’s not God’s pleasure, but it is His will to let us know the consequences of our action so that we change our actions and get different results.
What you focus on, or think about, you make room for.
- What you focus on—what you put your attention on—you will make room for.
- We change the way we view ourselves, and we make room for our destiny to happen.
- God made that inherent in His Word: “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he”.
- That means how I view myself, I become.
- We must change the way we think.
- What did God created me for?
- We must change the way we view other people.
What is God’s purpose for their life?
Consider changing the focus of your thoughts.
Your Kingdom Come, Your will be Done On earth as it is in Heaven. – Matt 6:10
The result of our choices will be spiritual or earthly and will determine our destiny.